P.S. 1 Policies and Procedures 2022 –2023
The School Day begins at 8:15 a.m. and ends at 2:35 p.m.
We are pleased to have you as part of our school family. At P.S. 1 we strive to work together to create an environment in which all our students can do their best learning with the full guidance and support of all families and staff members. We will follow all health and safety protocols as outlined by the CDC and NYCDOE.
The safety of our students and staff is our top priority, therefore, take note of the following:
- School begins at 8:15 AM. All students will proceed to their assigned class line up location.
- All parents must use the main door located on 8 Henry for entering and exiting the school building. Side doors must remain closed to maintain building security.
- All visitors, including parents must show a photo ID and sign in with our Safety Officers, Officer Robin Williams and Officer Vickie Flores-Diego. Parents will be directed up to the 2nd floor Main Office and are not permitted to go up to the classrooms. This is to minimize interruptions to student learning. The Main Office will be able to assist you and call up to the classroom if necessary.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the school or classroom teacher to make an appointment to speak to staff and teachers. This will help us maintain health and safety protocols.
- Stairways are designated as “Up Staircase” or “Down Staircase”. Please use the appropriate staircase to facilitate the flow of traffic.
- Physical activity is important for a child’s health and learning. Please ensure that your child is wearing clothes and shoes that allow for easy movement and physical activity.
- Students are not permitted to bring electronic games to school. The school will not be responsible for lost items.
- Please only use the main door for entering and exiting. Do not use other exit doors. For the safety of the children, with the exception of the main door, all school doors have alarms that will sound when opened.
Everyone’s cooperation to adhering to these policies and procedures is crucial to ensuring that our school community is safe and the building is secure.
Every child in public school is assigned an (OSIS) number. This number will be required for access to the NYC School Account and all online applications. The NYC School Account provides parents with their child’s academic and attendance information.