With Pre-K for All, Opportunity Starts Now
P.S. 1 Pre-K
The P.S. 1 Pre-K Program prepares children for school readiness and educates the whole child. We also offer a Dual Language Mandarin program. We provide a range of experiences based on the domains of the Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core learning standards. Our Pre-K offers a balance of large and small group activities, including active and quiet times, indoor and outdoor play times, and child –initiated and teacher –planned activities.
Our Pre-K program uses DOE Pre-K for All Interdisciplinary Units of Study. The units of studies are thematic based in Social Studies and Science. The math curriculum is Building Blocks, which builds upon children’s experiences with mathematics by using activities that integrate ways to explore and represent mathematics.
Here at P.S. 1 :
- Children are viewed as thinkers, thinking about their world.
- Children learn through process, through exploration and hands- on experiences.
- Children gain knowledge by exploring and taking risks in their learning.
- Children are encouraged to make choices and to practice individual decision-making.
School Hours : 8:15-2:35
- Breakfast/Quiet Activities
- Morning Meeting
- Work Time/Small Group Work
- Outdoor Play
- Read Aloud
- Afternoon Meeting
- Center Time
- Read Aloud
For more information about Pre-K please contact Ms. Lau, our Parent Coordinator via email: email@example.com