P.S. 1 Vision / Mission Statement
Our mission is to foster the growth of each student so that each may benefit from their multi-cultural community today, and contribute to their multifaceted world tomorrow. P.S 1 is a community dedicated to the joy of learning, the excitement of discovery and the sharing of knowledge. We will do this in the following ways:
- Expanding the children’s awareness of their world;
- Fostering the growth of our community of life-long learners;
- Increasing the children’s oral and written language and communication skills;
- Integrating all curriculum areas to enhance and support the learning opportunities for our English Language Learners, Special Education and High Achieving children;
- Developing the children’s critical thinking skills;
- Creating rigorous learning environments and opportunities for all children to meet high standards.
United Community Schools
P.S. 1M is proud to be part of the United Federation of Teachers United Community Schools. As a community school, our goal is to help facilitate and maintain programs and strategies that align with our school’s mission and vision. Through collaborations with one another, we have the ability to develop and promote resources that support academic achievements for students; increase the health and well-being of students and families, and promote long term community solutions.
The Initiative was launched in 2012 by the United Federation of Teachers in collaboration with the New York City Council, the Partnership for New York City and Trinity Wall Street.