Kindergarten at P.S.1M
Kindergarten is an important stepping stone to the primary grades. We believe all children can succeed academically and socially with supportive learning environments and valuable educational experiences. At P.S.1M, we use The Teachers College Reading and Writing Project curriculum in language arts and TERC Investigations math curriculum.
We recognize students as individuals and encourage positive relationships with others to foster life-long learning. Students have multiple opportunities to learn and work as a class, in small groups, partnerships, and individually on a daily basis.
Here at P.S.1M
- Students are independent thinkers and life-long learners.
- Students are encouraged to problem solve by exercising their critical thinking skills.
- Students are encouraged to meet and exceed rigorous academic standards.
- Students, families, and school work collaboratively to ensure all students succeed.
Typical Day in Kindergarten
- Unpack, Morning Meeting
- Morning Math and or Activity
- Reading Workshop
- Writing Workshop
- Word Study
- Math Workshop
- Science, Gym, or Art
- Center Time
- Read Aloud
- Pack Up, Dismissal
For more information about kindergarten please contact Ms. Lau, our Parent Coordinator via email: firstname.lastname@example.org